[openib-general] Infiniband Subnet Management

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 29 23:37:34 PST 2006

Hi Adit,

IB QoS work on OpenFabrics is planned to happen for the 1.2 release
(hopefully I did not miss-named it).
Regarding which OpenSM is better for that respect :

osmsh
    - was a full blown CLI for OpenSM
    - unfortunately is not supported anymore by this community
    - probably due a lack of  demand.

Current OpenSM (OFED 1.1, OFA trunk)
    - provide a way for you to set a uniform SL2VL and VLArb tables (one
for each device type - CA/Router/Switch)

New OpenSM (under devel)
   - better control via policy file

EZ