[openib-general] IPoIB CM

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Nov 30 05:43:05 PST 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:
> Would you expect that the use of this code would likely result in creating
> all-to-all connections between all nodes?  In particular, I'm thinking about MPI
> applications that use all-to-all connections.  I realize this is done at the
> RDMA layer, but is there anything that would end up connecting all of the nodes
> via iopib?

yes,

If the MPI uses TCP/UDP over the IPoIB subnet for its (i,j)
communication for all ranks 1 < i < j < n then yes, an all-to-all
connection establishment model or an actual call to mpi-all-to-all would
result in IPoIB CM connecting all-to-all . If the MPI uses IB (eg
through uDAPL or libibverbs/librdmacm they would connect all-to-all
through the cma.

Or.