[openib-general] rdma_cm connection parameters (was: rdma_cm branch)

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Oct 4 11:03:00 PDT 2006

Steve Wise wrote:
> It would be nice, IMO, for the RDMA CM to handle this under the covers
> and setup the QP appropriately.  Thus the parameters need not be passed
> to the consumer...

The same parameters are also specified when calling rdma_accept().  I think
these are the values that are used for the connection.  (I need to trace through
the code to be sure.)  There's no easy way for the passive side to know what was
requested without exporting the values.

We could drop to the lower of the two values, and let users that really care
what the values are call ib_query_qp() after the connection has been
established.  This has the disadvantage that you couldn't just reject the
connection if the values weren't what you needed.