[openib-general] Question about gen2_basic test

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Fri Oct 13 15:03:22 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I've a question about one of the gen2_basic tests.  The test is test 3
of the QP test collection.  There's a piece of code in this test that
does a modify_qp, followed by a query_qp.  The query QP bit checks that
the modify_qp did what was expected of it.  One check looks like this:

    if (mask & IBV_QP_MAX_DEST_RD_ATOMIC) {
            CHECK_VALUE("max_dest_rd_atomic",
query_attr.max_dest_rd_atomic,
next_power_of_two(attr->max_dest_rd_atomic), return -1);
    }

There's similar code for max_rd_atomic.

My question is: why is there a next_power_of_two() bit in there?  I
don't see anywhere in the spec that says that non-power-of-two values
are illegal, and we've just added support to our driver for values > 1
for these two attributes, and we support non-power-of-two values.  This
test is failing for us because the value returned in query_attr is what
we set it to in modify_qp, not a rounded-up version.  Am I missing
something in the spec?

Regards,
  Robert.