[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

somenath somenath at veritas.com
Thu Oct 12 17:20:16 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:

> Can you confirm that I have your test failure correctly?
>
> pri_path = path 1
> alt_path = NULL
> works

yes.

> pri_path = path 2
> alt_path = NULL
> works

yes.

> pri_path = alt_path = path 1
> works

no, I haven't tested that. I can try that too, if u think that can
provide useful info..

> pri_path = alt_path = path 2
> works

no, not tried that either.

> pri_path = path 1
> alt_path = path 2
> fails

yes, that fails to change the QP state to RTR in req_recv_handler()..
(if I don't change the state to RTR, REP sending will be successful)

> Are the only difference between path 1 and 2 the S/DGIDs and S/DLIDs?

that's how its coded, but I haven't verified that in req_recv_handler().
I will verify that and let you know (by dumping both the paths in
rec_recv_handler()).

thanks, som.