[openib-general] IPOIB NAPI

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Oct 16 09:48:11 PDT 2006

    Eli> Please diff to see my comments. Generaly it looks like the
    Eli> condition on netif_rx_reschedule() should be inverted.

Why?  A return value of 0 means that the reschedule failed (probably
because the poll routine is already running somewhere else) and the
poll routine should just return.  I think the code is correct as it stands.

    Eli> Also ou need to set max to some large value since you don't
    Eli> know if how many completions you missed and you want to make
    Eli> sure you get all the ones the sneaked from the last poll to
    Eli> the request notify.

Why?  max is there to limit us from doing more work than the quota
passed in from the networking stack.  If we fail to drain the CQ
because we exhaust max, then the poll routine will return 1 and will
remain scheduled, so the networking stack will call the poll routine
again to continue grabbing completions.

 - R.