[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

somenath somenath at veritas.com
Sun Oct 15 12:16:21 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:

>>>pri_path = alt_path = path 1
>>>works
>>>

>>no, I haven't tested that. I can try that too, if u think that can
>>provide useful info..
>>

>I misunderstood one of your earlier e-mails then.  I threw together a test case
>to try this, and it worked for me.  Can you see if the same works for you?  If
>not, then my guess is that the release you're using is missing some needed
>patches.  (You may be able to work around the issue in your code, however, so
>we'll see what can be done.)
>
>My systems only have one path between them, so I until I can physically add
>another path, I won't be able to test the case where pri_path != alt_path.
>
>- Sean

Sean:

now I am able to create connections with pri_path = path1, alt_path = path2
with the following change in the code.

I specify the port_num and al_port_num before calling ib_modify_qp() to
change
state to RTR (earlier I was changing this when modifying state to
IB_QPS_INIT).

( but it fails if I do this  qp_attr_mask  |= IB_QP_PORT, should it fail?)

but the connection migration to alt_path etc. is not yet tested, so not
sure how much
is working...will check what happens next.
thanks, som.