[openib-general] Tools for development

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 17 07:56:04 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: [openib-general] Tools for development
>
>     Michael> The tool versions installed on openib are ancient.  Can
>     Michael> site admins please install latest svn and git versions
>     Michael> from source?
>
> What distro is on the new openfabrics.org server?  If it's something
> like Fedora or Ubuntu, then it would probably be better to install the
> distros versions of svn and git, so that keeping up with security
> updates is easiser.

I think it's Ubuntu, and I think that's was done for now.

But I think while generally using distro-supplied packages is the thing to do,
for svn/git it makes sense to get the latest and grates and do the updates
manually since they are the main services we get from openib.org - so getting
more features/speed from there really helps alot.

No?

--
MST