[openib-general] Tools for development

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 17 09:16:16 PDT 2006

On 09:17 Tue 17 Oct     , Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Per the teleconference last week, I'd like to survey the developers
> about the tools that should be installed on the new OFA server (is
> there a plan to migrate there yet?).
>
> As I understand it (please correct me if I get this wrong):
>
> - The community has decided to stay with git for kernel level
> development
>    --> Was there a plan for any consolidation of the various git
> repositories?)
> - The community decided to stay with svn for user space level
> development

This would be nice to have automatic svn -> git mirroring for user space
projects too (at least for those projects where developers will like it).
Then developers will be able to choose between svn and git.

Currently I use such svn -> git mirroring privately for
src/userspace/management, have some scripts and of course may help with
setup.

Sasha