[openib-general] sysfs exposure of port counters useless?

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Tue Oct 17 17:18:34 PDT 2006

I agree the 32-bit byte and packet counters are useless as they get
pegged in a few seconds on a busy IB networks.  I thought there was an
effort in IBTA to fix this.

For IB counters in a Cisco switch, we read and reset the 32-bit counters
once per second and keep 64-bit counters internally.  This would be
possible in OF too, right?

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA and Release Manager
Server Virtualization Business Unit