[openib-general] IPoIB Question

Hubbell, Sean C Contractor/Decibel Sean.Hubbell at msl.army.mil
Mon Oct 23 05:53:06 PDT 2006

Hello,

  I currently have several applications that uses a legacy IPv4 protocol
and I use IPoIB to utilize my infiniband network which works great. I
have completed some timing and throughput analysis and noticed that I do
not get very much more if I use an infiniband network interface than
using my GigE network interface. My question is, am I using IPoIB
correctly or are these the typical numbers that everyone is seeing? Is
there a standard application that I may use to test my current
configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Sean