[openib-general] IPoIB Question

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Tue Oct 24 13:15:58 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 08:35:18AM -0500, Sean Hubbell wrote:

> We are currently looking at the new tickless kernel. Do you have one
> that you recommend?

The main one to less-recommend is 2.6.9-based kernels, those are the
slowest at TCP. Modern kernels, like the ones you see in Fedora 4 and
up and SLES 10, seem to all be good and about equal in this area.

I don't think we've tried a tickless kernel. We do most of our testing
on the various kernels that ship with distros, plus the tip-of-tree
kernel.org kernel.

-- greg