[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Oct 25 10:08:34 PDT 2006

Tang, Changqing wrote:
> Is there a way (not limited to cm) to know that path 1 is back again and
> reload it as the new alternate path ? If path 1 is down, we can not set
> it as alternate path, right ?
>
> If we can not bring a path back on fly, the usage of APM is limited.

Yes - the usage is currently limited, but that is being worked on.  Support is
needed in both the ib_cm and ib_sa.  The ib_sa needs SA informinfo/notice
support, so users can receive fabric event notifications.  And the ib_cm needs
to know when to switch to the alternate path.  Venkatesh has a couple of patches
that assist with both of these.