[openib-general] OFED 1.1 Build Issue

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Oct 27 08:30:12 PDT 2006

I've been testing some code against the OFED 1.1 release and noticed
that if you build anything that depends on IB (RNFS in this case) into
the kernel, that the OFED kit doesn't work correctly. This is because
the dependent modules (ib_core, etc...) get sucked into the kernel
automagically and will cause the subsequent modprobe of the OFED module
to fail.

I don't think you can fix this without rebuilding the kernel so it
should probably be listed in the OFED_release_notes as a known issue.
Providing a mechanism to rebuild the kernel as part of the OFED install
would be great too, sorry if it's already there and I missed it.

Tom