[openib-general] openib/OFED-1.1 Gentoo Linux ebuilds

Bryan Green bgreen at nas.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 27 09:46:41 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have produced and tested a set of ebuilds for installing openib-1.1 on
Gentoo Linux.  They are based on a pair of tar files I generated from
OFED-1.1.tgz.  Once these two tar files are placed on
'mirror.gentooscience.org', I will be submitting the ebuilds to the Gentoo
Science overlay for use by others.

Ideally, these tar files could be downloaded from 'www.openfabrics.org'
itself.  Would someone be willing to post them there?
I have a script to produce them automatically from OFED-1.1.tgz.

The two files can be found here:

http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~bgreen/openib/openib-userspace-1.1.tgz
http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~bgreen/openib/openib-drivers-1.1.tgz

Inside each of these packages is a script called 'gen_openib_packages.sh',
which when run, will automatically download OFED-1.1.tgz and produce these
two tar files.

Thanks,
-bryan

P.S.,
If you happen to be interested in my own results from a few of the OSU
benchmarks on Opteron and Zeon systems, you can see them here:

http://people.nas.nasa.gov/~bgreen/mpiperf/

I am actually able to achieve almost 1.7G/s between two opteron systems with
osu_bw.