[openib-general] problem with 2.6.19?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Oct 27 11:02:48 PDT 2006

 > So the issue is my maps are getting setup with bounce bufs.  This
 > shouldn't be the case, I think, because my device supports 64b
 > addressing.  I'm diggin' into this.

Yes, it's a little strange that you're still bouncing with the
pci_set_dma_mask(DMA_64BIT_MASK).  But the bounce buffering should
work -- the fact that it doesn't means you have a bug in how you're
using dma_map_single(), because dma_unmap_single() will copy things
back from the bounce buffer.

So you have two issues:
 - why is the bounce buffering happening?
 - what's wrong with your dma mapping calls?  (Because there are other
   situations with an IOMMU where you have to get things right)

 - R.