[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

Venkatesh Babu venkatesh.babu at 3leafnetworks.com
Fri Oct 27 16:51:16 PDT 2006

 I don't think there is any event which says "path1 is back again". It
is the application which needs to load the alternate path. The HW just
sends an event IB_EVENT_PORT_ACTIVE when port comes up. Upon recipt of
the this event the application has to see if there exists a path from
this port to the remote node and then load this alternate path by
sending the APR message.
PS: In Gen1 implementation there was an event called IB_PATH_MIG_ARMED
which was generated by HW/FW after loading the alternate path by the
application.

 SA event notification is to just callback registered handlers when
IB_EVENT_PORT_ACTIVE event occurrs on any node in the subnet or  on a
specific node according to the registeration parameters.

 VBabu