[openib-general] problem with 2.6.19?

Muli Ben-Yehuda muli at il.ibm.com
Sat Oct 28 14:33:02 PDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 01:10:54PM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:

> I guess the requirement for userspace RDMA to work is that no
> further action is required after the dma_map_sg() for both the
> device and the CPU to touch the region.  Because userspace has no
> way for calling dma_sync_xxx or anything like that.

Ok, if there's no requirement on the address (i.e., the DMA address
does not need to be the same as the machine physical address) then
Calgary should be fine.

By the way, by userspace DMA do you mean DMA to userspace buffers, or
DMA initiated by userspace? I'm assuming the former, but if it's the
latter, how are the addresses returned from dma_map_sg communicated to
userspace?

Cheers,
Muli