[openib-general] OFED SRP initiator always sends CM REJ in response to CM REP

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Oct 31 10:43:07 PST 2006

 >   We are developing SRP target code and testing it with the OFED
 >   1.1 SRP initiator.  The OFED SRP initiator sends us a CM REQ (IB
 >   12.6.5) and we respond with CM REP (12.6.8).  However, instead of
 >   the expected CM RTU (12.6.9) we ALWAYS receive a CM REJ (12.6.7)
 >   with status 0x1C == Reason 28 (12.6.7.2).

Seems like it should be pretty easy to debug.  You could start by
adding some printks to srp_cm_handler() to see if you get a
IB_CM_REP_RECEIVED event.  If you do get the event, add some printks
to the handling of IB_CM_REP_RECEIVED in the case statement to see if
any of the things there fail.

If the SRP initiator is happy, then you need to add some tracing to
the handling of REPs in cm.c to see if something is being rejected
there.  However, based on the reject code I suspect the SRP initiator
is what is rejecting it.

 - R.