[openib-general] Verbs QP create with RQ=0?

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Tue Oct 31 12:04:48 PST 2006

Roland,

We have an application that doesn't require a receive CQ or QP resources
since it will never post receive messages. We are attempting to limit
our resources and reduce our receive resources to zero but it appears
that the create qp assumes a receive CQ is always provided. According to
the specification this appears to be correct, but it is not clear what
the minimum requirements are for the receive CQ and QP resources. What
are your recommendations for creating a QP with no recv QP/CQ resources?
Is it possible to create receive queue of 0?

Thanks,

-arlin