[openib-general] IPoIB fails attaching QP to mcast group

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 4 05:45:09 PDT 2006

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting r. Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com>:

>> ib0: join completion for ff12:401b:ffff:0000:0000:0000:ffff:ffff (status 0)
>> ib_mthca 0000:02:00.0: modify QP 3->3 returned status 10.
>> ib0: failed to modify QP, ret = -22
>> ib0: couldn't attach QP to multicast group ff12:401b:ffff:0000:0000:0000:ffff:ffff

> Looks like the QP is in error state, so modify QP fails.
> Is this at all reproducible?
> If so could you try with latest firmware please?

I am not following you, do you claim that the SW (IPoIB/MTHCA) consider
the QP to be in RTS but the FW/HW say that this QP is actually in error
state?

This happened today in endless loop on a system which i have played with
its IB link, specifically, i also saw the "recv port errors" counter was
  getting incremented. Once i have stopped/reloaded ipoib it does not
happen any more.

Or.