[openib-general] PXE + infiniband?

Cain, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Cain at ge.com
Thu Sep 7 06:32:10 PDT 2006

I was able to follow the procedure outlined in Eli's README and I
achieved some mixed results.  On one hand, lspci now shows "Expansion
ROM at ed700000 [disabled] [size=1M]" whereas it didn't indicate that
before ("disabled" means it's zeroed out, maybe?).  The BIOS seems to
confirm the whole disabled thing since it doesn't list the HCA in the
boot priority list.

After making this change, IPoIB seems to work via this HCA, but SRP
(initiation, anyways) no longer does.  "ibsrpdm -c" no longer produces
any output, even though I can see the target via the ibnetdiscover.
Accessing the SRP target from another host on the fabric works fine.

-Brian