[openib-general] libibcm can't connect/talk to libicm on other machine.

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Thu Sep 7 08:20:15 PDT 2006

Sean,
Finally I could compile the cmpost example.
The solution was:
1.) Use the OFED-1.1-rc3 instead of OFED-1.0.1 This removed some missing
DEFINES. As an "End-User" ;-) I'm not following the SVN tree but
installing releases.
2.) Add "#include <infiniband/sa.h>" to cmpost.c.

Now I can compile and use the example at least on one machine.
The issues with client and server on one machine, that I reported
yesterday, are not visible as well.
So I'm able now to debug my connection establishment and the initial
data exchange.
Next week I can debug cmpost on two different machines, my second
machine has been stolen by a developer colleague till mid of next week.
;-)

I would suggest that the cmpost.c example, including the missing include
from above, might be integrated into the next OFED-release?
Thanks
Thomas