[openib-general] Fwd: linux- 2.6.18-rc6-git1 issue 46: drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iser_verbs.c:514: undefined reference to `rdma_create_id'

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Sun Sep 10 02:08:48 PDT 2006

Roland Dreier wrote:
>     Or> you need to have CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS=m defined also i
>     Or> think you are missing CONFIG_INET=m
>
> Seems like a bug in the iSER Kconfig -- it shouldn't be possible to
> select iSER without everything it needs to compile.

I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. This is what I did:

   1. I deleted my .config file.
   2. make menuconfig
   3. Selected Device drivers/InfiniBand support = y (if I don't do
      that, I cannot select iSER).
   4. Selected ISCSI RDMA protocol = y

I've attached the .config file. Note that
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS=y. This is because in
drivers/infiniband/Kconfig it says:

config INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS
        bool
        depends on INFINIBAND && INET
        default y

Therefore, I don't understand how did this behavior happen. Can you
reproduce it and send the list of steps?

Erez