[openib-general] reason behind locking the WQs while checking the state in modify_qp?

keshetti mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 11 23:28:50 PDT 2006

hello all

recently i have gone through the discussions  how you have decided to split the QP lock in to separate WQ locks and the locking mechanism

http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2005-February/004491.html

in this patch it is mentioned the only place we will be taking the lock is in modify_qp while checking the state of the QP but no description why it is required to do so

my question is why it is required to lock the WQs. Is there any dependence of the QP state on the posting WRs

-Mahesh