[openib-general] IPOIB failover ?

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Sep 13 04:27:51 PDT 2006

Richard Frank wrote:
> Does IPOIB in this stack support transparent fail over between ports and
> across redundant HCAs using a "virtual IP" ?

I am working on a patch to the linux bonding driver which will allow it
to enslave also IPoIB devices for the active-backup mode. I will send an
RFC to netdev for review next week. Does this meets your needs?

Does by virtual IP you mean an ***alias address*** assigned at one point
of time to one ipoib device and in another point of time (eg during
fail-over) to a second ipoib device?  does this approach have any
advantage on the bonding approach?

Or.