[openib-general] How to connect gen2 CM to gen1 IBGD CM?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Sep 13 10:28:17 PDT 2006

Bub Thomas wrote:
> Do you have a cmpost for gen1 IBGD I can use to connect from gen2 to gen1?

No - the gen1 code is really the old Topspin code.  Topspin is now part of
Cisco, so they may have something.

> Or is there any other trick to play here?

I don't think so.  I'm pretty sure that this has been tried before and has
worked.  Can you try connecting from the gen1 system to the gen2 system and see
if the REQ shows up?

On the gen2 system, when you send the REQ, what happens?  Does the REQ just
timeout, or does it receive a REJ message back from the gen1 system?