[openib-general] Different byte order between gen1 CM and gen2 CM ->RE: How to connect gen2 CM to gen1 IBGD CM?

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Thu Sep 14 07:28:20 PDT 2006

Sean,
I should have checked this earlier after you told me last time that the
LID is taken in network order by the gen2 CM instead of host order in
gen1.
This time it was the service_id I stumbeled over.
After putting my service_id into network order I could at least get a
REQ_RECEIVED.
The rest must be fine tuning from here onwards.
Do you know rany other Verbs or CM parameter that does have a different
byte order between gen1 and gen2?
Thanks
Thomas

P.S.: Maybe someone should put a big "Warning" sign somewhere so that
others don't stumple into that pit again. ;-)