[openib-general] Fwd: IPoIB Multicast

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Sep 14 17:27:17 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 17:11, Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > Hmm, IPoIB does not seem to copy anything except the pkey.
>  > Looks like a compliance issue.
>
> Well, the only MUST attributes we seem to be missing are HopLimit and MTU
> (P_Key, Q_Key and SL are all copied from the broadcast group when
> creating a new multicast group).

Are HopLimit and MTU needed for join ? I thought it was fine to wildcard
those for a join. If they are specified though, they do need to match
the group.

>  > Specifically, I'm not sure what "other attributes" are, but I think
>  > this should include the static rate. Right?
>
> I guess we should definitely do HopLimit and MTU, since those are
> MUSTs.

Are you referring to create or join here ?

>   The only other attribute we look at is Rate, so I guess we
> should set that also.

The rate should be set properly (with the rate selector set to exactly)
in the response regardless of whether it was set in the request (e.g.
wildcarded or not).

-- Hal