[openib-general] IB diagnostics problems (OFED-1.1-rc5)

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 18 04:40:18 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Mirko Benz <mirko.benz at xiranet.com>:
> Subject: Re: IB diagnostics problems (OFED-1.1-rc5)
>
> Hi Hal,
>
> This was a default/build all OFED install. Either we should place these
> tools under ../ofed/sbin or make it work for every body. At least a
> error message that umad access failed would be required.

I don't think opening umad for regular user by default is a good idea.
And isn't sbin for static binaries?

With regards to diagnostics - I think proper exit status is reported, so I
expect if you set up shell accordingly you'll get the diagnostic printout.
Printing stuff on stderr/stdout might interfere with activating these from
scripts, so I'm not sure it's a good idea. Hal?

--
MST