[openib-general] Reuse pd amd mr

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 18 06:58:20 PDT 2006

Hi john.

john t wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have two HCA cards each having one port. I want to use same memory
> buffer to store packets arriving on the two ports. Can I do this,
> meaning can I use same pd (protection domain) and mr (memory
> registration) for the two QPs (one QP on each port), though the
> context ( i.e. ib device) for each QP is different?

if the context is different how can you create 2 QPs using the same PD?
The context is a driver abstraction and the HCA is not aware of it ...

anyway, if you have 2 QPs and 1 MR which are in the same PD, the QPs can
listen/send the packets on any port and write to the same MR
(in different address of course, the order of the packet arrival in
those QPs is "random" ...)

Dotan