[openib-general] gen2_basic patch 5/10: select a valid port number

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 20 09:52:58 PDT 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 01:05, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>
>> Quoting r. Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com>:
>>
>>> Subject: Re: gen2_basic patch 5/10: select a valid port number

>>> Yes, that appears to be the scope but I'm not 100% sure.
>>>
>> Its easy to get linux running on a switch, so why not? You just
>> need to write a low level driver that cn send/receve MADs.
>> We did run a gen1 port on a switch at some point, and someone might want to
>> do it again.
>>

> And the only limitation would be what switch port 0 (extended, base)
> supports relative to these tests.
>
> -- Hal

Hi.

This test was written in order to check the verbs layer and it was
developed over an HCA (and being executed every day on all of our HCAs).

I don't know what is the expected result of executing this test over a
switch and if there should be some changes in order to check switch
features.
If I'll get this input, i will add the needed features/code to the test.

Dotan