[openib-general] Question about ehca CQ handling

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Sep 25 12:02:35 PDT 2006

While looking over the ehca driver from the perspective of adding a
"peek CQ" operation, I noticed some code that looked funny.

In hipz_set_cqx_n0() and hipz_set_cqx_n1(), what is the point of the
calls to hipz_galpa_load_cq()?  The return value is discarded.  I see
that hipz_galpa_load_cq() dereferences a volatile pointer internally,
so I'm guessing this is some sort of ordering constraint.  But would
it be just as good to do "barrier()" there?

 - R.