[openib-general] Port reuse issue for rdma_cm/iwarp

Sundeep Narravula narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 26 12:38:34 PDT 2006

Hi,
 We are facing a problem while running back-to-back applications using the
same port number for rdma_cm over iwarp (Ammasso). The port seems to be
busy for about 60 seconds after each disconnect.

The first execution finishes without any problems or errors. When the
execution is repeated immediately, we see a RDMA_CM_EVENT_REJECTED event
on the active connect side. However, if we use a different port or if we
include a delay of more than 60 seconds between the runs, we do not see
this problem.

Is this a known issue? Is there anyway to force a immediate reuse of the
port?

Thanks,
  --Sundeep.