[openib-general] FW: Mstflint - not working on ppc64 and whendriver is not loaded on AMD

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 27 08:19:16 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Moshe Kazir <moshek at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: FW: [openib-general] Mstflint - not working on ppc64 and whendriver is not loaded on AMD
>
> Michael,
>
> Frank new version was tested once more in Voltaire and is working o.k. .
> I tested  `./mstflint -d <lspci output> q`  when drivers are loaded and when drivers are not loaded. in all cases it worked o.k.

Thanks for testing, but I'd like to get a handle on what's going on first.

First, I'm pretty sure when driver is loaded things work OK on all systems.
When driver is not loaded - could you please answer whether using
/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:03\:00.0/resource0
works for you (on systems that have resource0)?

> Test was ferformed on the following environments :
>
> -    IBM js21 ppc64 sles10 PCI-E
> -    IBM js21 ppc64 sles9 sp3 PCI-E
> -    IBM hs21 em64t redhat as 4 u3 PCI-E
> -    IBM hs21 em64t sles 9 sp3 PCI-E
> -    x86_64 sles10  PCI-E
> -    MAC ppc64 sles10 PCI-X
> -    MAC ppc64 sles10 PCI-E
>
> Please consider inserting the patch to OFED .
>
> Moshe

Since I don't consider this a critical fix (there's no reason driver won't go
up, and if it does not, there's a simple workaround by specifying the /proc
interface, that is slower but works), I don't think this should go into OFED 1.1.

Unfortunately, I never got a small bugfix patch against the latest mstflint -
the patch I saw posted touches all kind of things all over the code -
so I can't insert it in trunk, either.

--
MST