[openib-general] [RFC] determining which changes in svn to merge upstream or remove

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:20:57 PDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:

> Specifically, the following features are in svn only:
> * RDMA CM:
>         - userspace support
>         - multicast support
>         - UD QP support (required for multicast)

I think that all the above three should be prioritized to be push for 2.6.20
and can be cool to have them in -mm before so people can experience
with them before (the latter two are not part of OFED).

The user space support for writing IB/RC ULPs is now in OFED and used
by uDAPL which is in turn used in Intel MPI and more products to come, i hope.

Exposing IB/UD/Mcast RDMA CM api in user space would allow to offload UDP based
ULPs which use IP multicast, which is something also being talked here
and there.

It makes sense to use the IB mulitcast module in the kernel for
keeping refs and managing
user space processes SA Join/Leave interaction. It makes much sense to
port IPoIB to this module, I saw the patch and basically it seems
stright-forward.

Or.