[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Thu Sep 28 10:19:59 PDT 2006

  If we move forward with a git repository then we should move all
kernel code into git.  I don't want to get into a situation where kernel
components are spread out over various repositories and servers.  I'm
all for making your development lives easier.  The entire development
tree has gotten very confusing over the past few months.  The ipath
driver is never up to date (therefore it's always broken).  Iwarp is
upstream but not in the main line development tree.  If a simpler
process can fix this then I'm all for it.

  So what it your proposal (Roland and Bryan)?  Do you want to move all
kernel development into Roland's git tree, and have the user space code
stay in svn (at least for the time being)?  This would allow OFED
releases to be pulled direct from Roland's git tree (kernel) and the
openfabrics svn (user space).   BTW if it is useful we can set up a git
repository on openfabrics once we move the server to its new provider.

 Thanks,

  - Matt