[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Sep 28 14:59:32 PDT 2006

Steve Wise wrote,
>Yes, that seems like it would work.  We need an Andrew Morton. ;-)

>Seriously, I think part of the issue here is getting the warm body that
>will do that work...

>Steve.

Perhaps we could (Sean, Hal, and/or myself) could maintain such a
development (MM) tree
once OpenFabrics is able to host git as we already have to maintain
separate clones anyway to use for development of new features for the
Labs.
I'll talk offline with Sean and Hal and see if we have the time to
maintain an MM-like development branch.
But until OpenFabrics can host git, I think
we are stuck with SVN and the current mess
unless we asked to host the MM tree branch at kernel.org, and I am not
sure
what it takes to get kernel.org to host a git tree.

Thoughts ?

woody