[ofa-general] Re: libcxgb3 changes not pulled into 1.2

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 3 23:40:23 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 18:32 -0500, Steve Wise wrote:
> Vlad,
>
> I pushed a few changes a while ago in libcxgb3 and they are not being
> pulled into ofed 1.2.  I thought the builds just cloned from the owner's
> ofed_1_2 branch for each library?  Is this not true?
>
> Actually now that I'm looking into this, I find that according to the
> BUILD_ID file in the ofa user tarball, the libcxgb3.git repos used isn't
> mine, but rather:
>
> git://git.openfabrics.org/ofed_1_2/libcxgb3.git ofed_1_2
>
> And it is several commits behind where it needs to be for rc1.  I need
> these commits in rc1...
>
> Also, lemme know what the correct process is for this.  Clear I don't
> understand :-)
>

> So please pull from:
>
> git://staging.openfabrics.org/~swise/libcxgb3.git ofed_1_2

Done.

Rergarding the process see:
https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=Teleconf%2001-29-2007

Release tagging and branching:
Sources developed in OFA:
     1. Each git owner will open a branch with the name ofed_1_2. This
        branch should be opened on Feb 1.
     2. Vlad will open a new directory /pub/ofed_1_2.
     3. All ofed_1_2 branches will be cloned to this directory. (Note:
        libibverbs and libmthca will be cloned from kernel.org for
        Roland's trees.)
     4. Any change that should be included in the next OFED package will
        be first check-in to the maintainer ofed_1_2 branch. A mail
        should be sent to Vlad (and cc the list) to pull this change.

--
Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at mellanox.co.il>
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.