[ofa-general] openSM design document required

keshetti mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 5 04:05:09 PDT 2007

ya I found that old document here http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/LinuxSAS.1.0.1.pdf.  its dated 8/1/2002 ..pretty
 old.

Is there any effort going on to design a latest openSM design document as such?

actually i want to know how the subnet discovery in detail using directed route
 SMPs is implemented in openSM.
 Acc. to the spec. SM it discovers the subnet topology using directed route
 SMPs. How exactly it is done in openSM.

thanks and regards,
Mahesh

Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote: Mahesh,

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 00:41, keshetti mahesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whosoever owning the openSM currently can you please give me the
> design document(not UN or RN) of it. If it is already exisiting
> somewhere give me the links.
>
> Please CC your rpelies to me .

I am the maintainer of OpenSM and there is no current design document.
There may be a very old one from the Intel IBAL days. If that exists
somewhere, it's got to get at least 5 years old (and quite incomplete
and out of date).

-- Hal