[ofa-general] mthca wc->opcode for CQEs with error status

Todd Rimmer todd.rimmer at qlogic.com
Thu Apr 5 10:27:29 PDT 2007

Roland,

> From: Roland Dreier
> I disagree.  The spec is very clear on this point and I don't see any
> reason to bloat driver code to work around buggy applications.  In
> fact I would support removing the population of error work completions
> from other drivers if it shrinks the code.

I don't understand why you are taking such a non-cooperative posture for
a simple request.  All hardware models support this capability and it's
a 1 line change for mthca to parallel the other drivers.

Most previous stacks, including VAPI, had this capability.

While I agree applications should be coded strictly to the spec, that
has not stopped us from putting non-standard features into OFED, so why
now?  FMR is just one such example.

In a quick review of existing OFED 1.2 code, there are a number of
places where debug and diagnostic messages output status and opcode,
ipoib_ib.c is one such place.  Having such messages indicate at least
the direction of the failed transfer can be invaluable to debug.

Todd Rimmer
Chief Architect
QLogic System Interconnect Group
Voice: 610-233-4852     Fax: 610-233-4777
Todd.Rimmer at QLogic.com  www.QLogic.com