[ofa-general] OFA server bugzilla "product"

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Apr 10 10:02:16 PDT 2007

Proposal: Make a "product" in bugzilla (alongside "OpenFabrics Linux"
and "OpenFabrics Windows") for sysadmin issues dealing specifically
with the OFA server.

Rationale: We have a nonzero number of sysadmin requests for the OFA
server.  The previous OFA sysadmin, Michael Lee did a heroic job of
maintaining all the outstanding requests and servicing them all, but
there was still a bunch of legwork to ensure that a) people knew who
to report sysadmin requests to, and b) ensuring that people actually
did request directly from the responsible sysadmins (vs. just posting
to the OF general list, which has too much traffic for the sysadmins
to monitor).

Having a bugzilla product for the OFA Server would be most helpful in
both submitting requests through a well-known/understood process and
tracking to ensure that all the work actually gets done (from the end-
user's perspective).

If no one cares/objects within a week, I'd like to ask Scott
Weitzenkamp to setup an "OFA Server" product in Bugzilla.  We'll then
put some corresponding info on the wiki about how to submit OFA
Server bugzilla requests.  Thanks.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems