[ofa-general] Re: multicast join failed for...

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Apr 11 00:22:02 PDT 2007

> Are all your ports DDR or do you have a mix ? If all are DDR, you can
> configure the default partition to use this rate.

If I get this right, user has to manually configure the rate in a mixed subnet.
Is that correct?
If yes, I'm actually not too happy with this.

Would something like the following heuristic work better?
- select the max rate between all participants
- when a host with lower rate joins, destroy the group
  and recreate it with lower rate, send every other participants
  a reregister MAD

--
MST