[ofa-general] Re: {PATCH] Documentation/user_mad.txt: Clarify transaction ID usage

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Apr 11 14:38:28 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 17:13, Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > > This is a good addition.  But I think it would be worth saying which
>  > > half of the TID is the lower half.  I would fix it up myself but I
>  > > don't know off the top of my head which byte order the TID is
>  > > interpreted with.
>
>  > Should this be described relative to network (rather than host) order ?
>
> Ideally it should be described so that it's clear to a user of this
> interface where the TID bits that belong to the user are.

What is meant by the "upper" 32 bits are the most significant 32 bits
(first 32 bits of the 64 bits in the transaction ID on the IB link). Is
that clear ? From the user perspective, this will depend on whether the
machine is big or little endian so I'm not sure how that is typically
dealt with.

Do I need to reissue this patch ?

-- Hal