[ofa-general] Re: How fast to get RDMA_CM_EVENT_DISCONNECTED ?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Apr 11 14:50:19 PDT 2007

> 	A question about rdmacm library. I use rdma_connect/accept to
> wire the IB connection between A and B. Somehow the IB connection is
> broken by either process B dies, or a bad cable. If process A just
> receives messages from process B, can process A get a
> RDMA_CM_EVENT_DISCONNECTED event ? if yes, how fast A can get such event
> ?

If the process B dies, the kernel IB CM on B's system will automatically
disconnect.  Process A should get this fairly close to when process B dies.

I'm not as sure about the timing for a bad cable.

Slightly off topic, but how do you handle flow control between process A and B
if process A only receives?