[ofa-general] RE: How fast to get RDMA_CM_EVENT_DISCONNECTED ?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Apr 11 16:06:10 PDT 2007

>Serveral seconds to detect connection failure is not acceptable for us,
>so if I use rdmacm, I want to know if I detect the connection
>failure faster than heart-beat message.

In general, use of the rdma or ib cm will not help detect failures on active
connection any faster.  If the remove process dies, it may, since the remote ib
cm will try to disconnect on the user's behalf.

>Again, if there is cable issue, is there still a DISCONNECT event
>generated eventually ?

No - the disconnect event comes from a disconnect request being generated by the
remote side.  You would need to look for a QP error instead.