[ofa-general] Re: multicast join failed for...

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Apr 12 21:55:02 PDT 2007

>When the node is diagnosed and disconnected, SM will bring the rate
back up.

But how?  Doesn't it require re-registration of all multicast groups and
clients registered for SA events?

>As I said, there are tens of ways a bad node can hurt performance,
>and we don't/can't handle them. Why focus on ipoib? It's
>the only way to connect to node on some fabrics, it
>really must be up at all times.

But the solution is affecting all multicast traffic, not just that
related to ipoib.  If you want all nodes to be able to join the ipoib
multicast group, why not just create the group at the lower rate?  ipoib
multicast performance doesn't seem that critical.  Whereas disrupting
other multicast groups, which could actively be in use by MPI, may be.