[ofa-general] Re: desired netperf mods?

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Apr 13 10:31:33 PDT 2007

>>The advantage then (again IMO) of an explicit SDP test is that the test
>>banners will be right.
>
> True. Further, libsdp might be misconfigured on the system.
>
> A simple way would be to add a flag to netstat that forces
> a specific address family, and show it in the banner.

netstat?

Well, contemporary netperf2 has flags to select between AF_INET and
AF_INET6, but the nettest_bsd.c stuff does presently presume that
filters through a getaddrinfo() call successfully.  I'm ass-u-me-ing
that isn't the case for AF_SDP (is it AF_SDP?)

I think I may just clone some stuff from nettest_bsd.c into a
nettest_ib.c anyway - it might be a better place to put other IB related
tests.

rick jones