[ofa-general] mthca issues -need help

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Apr 13 14:01:41 PDT 2007

 > 1. I am using linux-2.6.21-rc5 and I see this Oops when I modprobe
 > ib_mthca (on ppc64)

Can you give more details of your platform?  Also, the output of
"lspci -vv -d 15b3:" might be helpful (I'm curious where the BARs are).

 > 2. The above may or may not be a bug and as indicated in the message I
 > wanted to upgrade (the FW). However, I found that the
 > latest firmware is 3.5.0 and not 3.4.0 as the message seems to indicate. I
 > wanted to use IPOIB CM -so which one should I upgrade to -
 > presumably 3.5.0?

The FW versions in the driver have not been kept up to date.  I'll
queue a patch for 2.6.22 that updates the latest FW information to
what is current right now.

 - R.