[ofa-general] RFC: "mlx4" drivers for Mellanox ConnectX HCAs

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Sun Apr 15 14:30:43 PDT 2007

 > >     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git connectx

 > I cloned your git and checked out the connectx branch.  When I do "git log" on the
 > connectx branch, I see that the last commit was done on March 4. Is that so?

Yes, I have been using stgit to update the two patches in that branch
rather than adding new commits.  So it seems that the patches keep the
date they were created, although they have been updated quite a bit
since then.

By the way, I've tried to put "FIXME" comments in the places that
still need work.  I think the most important things that still need to
be done are:

  - Fix CQ locking on destroy QP; not completely trivial since I want
    to keep a somewhat clean division between mlx4_core and mlx4_ib
  - clean stale CQEs on destroy QP or modify QP to RESET
  - inline send support

And of course we still need to get write combining support in the core
kernel to make blueflame work well.

Please let me know if you're starting to work on something so we don't
duplicate effort.

 - R.